Next Season Show Pitch Sessions
September 28, 2016
We are currently in the process of selecting the 2017-2018 season for Pacifica Spindrift Players and we want to know what YOU would like to see at PSP!
If you have a show that you think would be perfect to see on the PSP stage, then:
1. Fill out and email ahead of time the Next Season Show Pitch Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Bring two printed copies of the completed form to any one of the scheduled Show Pitch Sessions:
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 7-10pm
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 7-10pm
- Sunday, September 18, 2016, 7-10pm
- Saturday, September 24, 2016, 1-5pm
- Sunday, September 25, 2016, 7-10pm
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 7-10pm
- Signup for which Pitch Session you will be attending at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080848ABAA2BAA8-next
- At the pitch session, please be prepared to tell us a summary of the show and why you think it is a good match for PSP.
- Pitch Sessions will be at Pacifica Spindrift Players (1050 Crespi Drive, Pacifica, CA)
- Please wait in the lobby until called into the Gallery to pitch your show idea(s)
- If you cannot attend any of the pitch sessions, you may email your completed form only, but keep in mind that a personal pitch tends to make a stronger case for the show when being considered.
Show proposals will be considered and evaluated by the Artistic Board using the following unranked criteria:
- Literary/artistic quality
- Balance and variety in genre, style, and period (musical vs. play, comedy vs. drama)
- Acting opportunities/challenges (including male/female ratio)
- Design opportunities/challenges
- Production scope/cost considerations
- Educational value/audience development
- Box office potential
- Theatre calendar schedule
- Special production requirements, i.e. additional rehearsal time, double casting, participation in special events
- Main stage vs Blackbox
If you are interested in directing a show in the 2017-2018 Season, please fill out the Director Application form.