By Hugh Martin and Timothy Gray
Based on Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit
Director: Henry Sellenthin
Producer: Barbara Williams
After the writer Charles Condomine hires the delightfully eccentric medium, Mme. Arcati, to hold a sťance in their home, all hell breaks loose - literally! Charles' late wife, Elvira, appears as a ghost and harasses Charles and his new wife, Ruth, with the goal of killing Charles so that he can join her in the afterlife. Mme. Arcati returns to their home to help Charles and Ruth send Elvira back to her spirit world. If you don't know the original play, then the outcome is a surprise ending. Noel Coward, himself, directed the original musical production in 1964. It was nominated for 8 Tony Awards, including Best Actress, Best Musical, and Best Director.
Saturday, August 23, 2014 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Rehearsals will begin on September 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM in the Gallery. Most rehearsals will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, with occasional Saturday or Sunday rehearsals as needed, especially as we near Tech Week.
The Tech Week and Dress Rehearsal Period will begin on Sunday, October 26th. Attendance is mandatory for all actors/crew during that week.
- If you would like to audition but are unable to attend the auditions, please contact the director prior to the audtion date to schedule an alternative audition appointment.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:00PM - 10:00 PM, if necessary
- SONG Prepare 8 bars of a song from any musical, but not from High Spirits. Bring sheet music in your correct key (accompanist will be provided).
- CALENDAR Please have a list of potential conflict dates. Availability will affect casting decisions. Attendance at rehearsals is very important.
- ACCENT A British Accent would be beneficial
- COLD READINGS Sides will be provided for cold readings.
- RESUME List of past shows and theater training. Nice to have, not required.
- HEADSHOT Nice to have, but not required.
Pacifica Spindrift Players
1050 Crespi Dr., Pacifica, CA
Performances September 26 - October 19, 2014
- Fridays: 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21 at 8PM
- Saturdays: 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22 at 8PM
- Sundays: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23 at 2PM
- MANDATORY Brush Up Rehearsal: Thursday, 11/6